There are various reasons for which you might require a bullet proof vest. If someone is shooting at your bulletproof vests offer a bright chance for you to live again. There are many types of vests available in market today. Here we discuss the various uses of the vest and the various types and situations you might find the vest very useful. Even if you are a home maker, threats of random shooting by crazy fanatic guys, terrorists and common thieves pose a great challenge.
Few moments where a vest can save your life are:
- Got into a gun fight with crazy people.
- The intruder has entered your house.
- You are caught up in the middle of a gun fight.
- Some fanatic has started shooting openly in your neighborhood.
- Breakdown of the social order.
- A Civil war like situation in your area.
So even if you are not in the military, there can be many situations where you might find a bullet proof vest very useful.
Protection from the bullet proof vest
The vests are rated according to the impact they can handle without breaking down. Based on this criteria the vests are classified into:
- Level II-A (9 mm; .40 S&W; .45 ACP) – At 4mm thick, this is the thinnest type of vest available in the market today.
- Level II (9 mm; .357 Magnum) – They are up to 5mm thick.
- Level III-A (.357 SIG; .44 Magnum) – The thickness in this category varies from 8mm to 10mm.
- Level III (Rifles) – The thickness here varies from .5 to .75 inches.
- Level IV (Armor Piercing Rifle) – They are of the same thickness as of type III protection, but weigh more than that.
Soft body armor would work only for handguns. It does so by dispersing the impact of the bullet throughout the vest. They are made up of some of the hardest substance known to man such as Kevlar.
Hard body armor will easily handle the impact of big guns like a shotgun. It requires special plates or carriers to be worn with the vest at the front and the back. This carrier can well handle the impact of many big rifles.
A bullet proof vest might not seem important under normal circumstances, but when the need arises, it means the difference between life and death. Therefore you should always take care when you buy one. For more visit http://www.platecarrierzone.com